Patient Instructions for Telemedicine Visits
Enjoy our care from the comforts of your own home! Please make sure you are away from distractions - including work and childcare. Telemedicine visits will be conducted the same as our in-person visits, so expect to reserve a little over an hour of time in front of your device. If your provider works with a resident clinician, expect to start your visit with them. We understand that your time is valuable and we do our best to be efficient and on time with every appointment but that is not always going to be possible for our providers. Please contact our office by phone if we have not begun your encounter within 15 minutes of your scheduled time.
If you are scheduled in our system for telemedicine, before your visit, our office will send you a text or email providing you with a link to your telemedicine video appointment. 5 minutes before your appointment start-time, please click the link. If you have difficulties joining, phone our office and we can help you troubleshoot.
IN ORDER FOR YOU TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST:
- Have the ability to interface with the providers with a teleconferencing capable device, such as a smartphone (i.e. Apple or Android), tablet, or a desktop/laptop that is equipped with speakers, microphone, and camera.
- Find a quiet place away from distractions such as work, childcare, pets and loud noise. We will not provide you with care if you are driving.
- Ensure you have strong Wi-Fi, close any unused programs on your device. It may be helpful to update your browser to the latest version.
- Have confirmed with your insurance company that you have telemedicine benefits.
- Provide us with your credit card information as we will process your card to collect copay or deductible amounts you owe at the end of your telemedicine visit.
If you do not have access to this technology or you lack coverage, you may still have a visit but you will be subject to our "cash" rates. You have the option of a phone consultation or video consultation if this is the case.
HOW TO CHECK FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE
- Call your insurance provider and ask about telemedicine coverage for your policy.
- Make sure to document the date & time of the call, the representative you spoke to, and ask for the reference number for your call. This information will help to ensure that your insurance will pay if the claim is denied.
- Contact the Holistic Health Clinic with the information you gathered, including your policy’s telemedicine copay and or deductible amounts.
Please be advised, patients who agree to telemedicine visits are authorizing us to bill their insurance for telemedicine services. The Holistic Health Clinic is not responsible for payment discrepancies that might occur once the reimbursement check is received. You will be responsible to pay for all charges not covered by your insurance.