Patient Instructions for Telemedicine Visits
Telemedicine visits will be conducted the same as our in-person visits, so expect to reserve an hour of time in front of your device. Visit structure is to remain the same with a resident/assistant conducting the intake and the associate doctor to finish visit.
In order for you to participate, you must:
- Have the ability to interface with the providers with a teleconferencing capable device, such as a smart phone (i.e. Apple or Android), tablet, or a desktop/laptop that is equipped with speakers, microphone, and camera.
- Have confirmed with your insurance company that you have telemedicine benefits.
- Provide us with your credit card information as we will process your card to collect co-pay or deductible amounts you owe at the end of your telemedicine visit.
If you do not have access to this technology or you lack coverage, you may still have a visit but you will be subject to our "cash" rates. You have the option of a phone consultation or video consultation if this is the case.
How to check for insurance coverage
- Call your insurance provider and ask about telemedicine coverage for your policy.
- Make sure to document date & time of the call, the representative you spoke to, and ask for the reference number for your call. This information will help to ensure that your insurance will pay if the claim is denied.
- Contact the Holistic Health Clinic with your policy’s telemedicine coverage benefit, such as your co-pay and or deductible amounts; basically, the information you got from your call.
Please be advised, patients who agree to telemedicine visits are authorizing us to bill their insurance for telemedicine services. The Holistic Health Clinic is not responsible for payment discrepancies that might occur once the reimbursement check is received. You will be responsible to pay for all charges not covered by your insurance.
How to connect for your appointment
The HIPPA compliant telemedicine platform we are using is doxy.me. You do not need to create an account or pay to use this web service. See your provider’s specific instructions below.
Dr. Owen Miller appointments: At the time of your appointment, you will receive a phone call (from our office or a blocked number) from Dr. Miller’s assistant who will conduct your initial intake. Once this is completed, type into your browser the web address: doxy.me/dromiller. You are now in Dr. Miller’s waiting room. He will login to finish your visit.
Dr. Brook Munro (formerly Scronce) and Dr. Bosworth (Dr. Munro’s resident) appointments: At the time of your appointment, type into your browser the web address: doxy.me/drbosworth. This will place you into Dr. Bosworth’s waiting room. Once she has completed the first portion of your visit, you will be instructed to login into doxy.me/drbrookmunro. You are now in Dr. Munro’s waiting room. She will login and finish your visit.
Dr. Susan Judah and Dr. Toth (Dr. Judah’s resident) appointments: At the time of your appointment, type into your browser the web address: doxy.me/drmonicatoth. This will place you into Dr. Toth’s waiting room. Once she has completed the first portion of your visit you will be instructed to login into doxy.me/drjudah. You are now in Dr. Judah’s waiting room. She will login and finish your visit.
Dr. Julia Miller appointments: At the time of your appointment, you will receive a phone call (from our office number or a blocked number) from Dr. Julia’s assistant, Patty, who will conduct your initial intake. Once this intake is completed, you will be instructed to type into your browser the web address: doxy.me/drjuliamiller. You are now in Dr. Julia’s waiting room. She will login and finish your visit.
For best connection, please make sure you have strong WiFi or an ethernet cable connection and close unused programs on your device. You may need to update your browser version (make sure you have the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge).